R20 mounted on the Mecha E1/C1 single axis rotator.
About the Mecha
Mecha is lightweight, quiet and power efficient automated head. It consists of the motorized E1 Rotator and the Single Axis C1 Controller. When combined with the NN3 MK3 uses can shoot simple single row bracketed images automatically. Using with the NN3 MK3 users have added option to stop, adjust tilt and shoot additional rows. This opens the doors to shooting higher resolution panoramas with lenses with focal lengths beyond those of fisheye lenses. Together with a "dual axis" controller (in development), two E1 rotators can be added to motorize Nodal Ninja MK3 pan and tilt axes for multi-row application.
About the Nodal Ninja R20
The R20 is the smallest, lightest precision built Nodal Ninja to date - even smaller and lighter than the R10. Optimized for mirror-less cameras and fisheye lenses. A single row pano head with built in tilt options of +/-3.75 degrees and +/-7.5 degrees, ideal for fisheye with about 180 degrees angle of view along the width of image sensor, such as converted Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 on APSC mirror-less cameras and the new Nodal Ninja 7.3mm F4 Fisheye on MFT system. The lens ring clamp mounts directly onto the lens itself freeing up the camera. Different cameras can be use on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
R20 Features and Highlights:
- Arca Swiss Compatible quick release design.
- Built-in +/-3.75 degrees and +/-7.5 degrees tilt, ideal for single row spherical panorama using (cropped) circular fisheye. Change to other tilt options by flipping the vertical rail.
- Rolling the camera/lens in any position including the popular 0, 60 and 90 degree positions.
- Lens clamp permanently mounted to lens making reproducible mounting possible, and much quicker to setup.
- Different cameras can be use on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
- Compact and light weight.
- Small nadir footprint.
- Built-in spirit bubble level.
- 1.5kg (3.3lb) recommended loading.
This listing includes:
- R20 w/ 7.5° static tile head.
- Mecha E1/C1.
- Mecha USB Charging Cable.
- Camera to Mecha Shutter Release Cable.
- Hot shoe adapter for shutter release.
About the Hot shoe sync cable:
The camera hot shoe gives a signal during exposure. We make use of this signal, as shutter release confirmation, to adjust the exposure delay timing automatically. This allows shortest delay for bracketed shots without risking premature moves. Camera in electronic mode however does not give this signal and only work with Mechanical shutter mode - as with any remote cable release.
Supports up to 3.3lbs (1.5 kg) vertical loading, including panohead, DSLR's with battery grips may exceed recommended weight load.
Lens ring clamp sold separately.
Mecha - 14 day money back guarantee / 1 year factory warranty.
R20 - 30 day money back guarantee / 5 year factory warranty.