A new motorized rotator head for use with NN3 MKII, NN3 MK3, R1, R10, R20, RS1,
(heads sold separately). Adapters available for older 360Precison Atome heads. Mecha is lightweight, quiet and power efficient. Together with the Single Axis Controller C1 (F9910), it automates the panning axis of Nodal Ninja. The Mecha E1 is NOT recommended for larger Nodal Ninjas (NN6 and M Series)
at this time (stronger Mecha Rotators to accommodate greater weights are in development). Together with a "dual axis" controller (also in development), two E1 rotators can be added to motorize Nodal Ninja MK3 pan and tilt axes for multi-row application.
Heavier loads may require a slower RPM speed for smoother rotation.
Recommended ideal operating weight load is 3.3lbs (1.5kg) but should not exceed 2kg.
Loads less than 3.3lbs (1.5kg), select a speed 6-12 RPM, with "medium load" profile.
Loads greater than 3.3lbs (1.5kg) up to 4.4lbs (2kg), select a speed 6-9 RPM or slower, with "heavy load" profile.
Mecha Single Axis Controller Features:
- Supports one Mecha rotator.
- Compact controller with built in battery and charger.
- NCR18650GA high capacity batteries, 7.2v, 3350mAh, 12Wh.
- WiFi remote control from smartphones, tablets, PCs by using simple web page interface.
- Supports linking and controlling multiple controllers via WiFi , connection via a WiFi access point, over the air firmware upgrade and remote control over the internet.
- 3 buttons to run presets stored in the memory, which can be configured via the web page interface.
- 5 LED's to indicate the remaining battery capacity.
- CAM port with opto-isolated trigger for focus and shutter release.
- Multipurpose AUX port (to be implemented with future firmware upgrade) for shutter confirmation, Radio Frequency Start/Stop remote trigger, wired Start/Stop trigger or IR remote emitter etc.
Later versions will follow allowing for larger cameras shooting at longer focal lengths. For product suggestions/concerns and support please visit our forum click here
The rotator has been tested thoroughly for the load specified and believe it will outlast 100,000 panos (test sequence for 28mm eq. focal length: 12 columns x 3 rows + zenith and nadir). Overloading will reduce the lifetime of bearing and gear. Worn bearing will introduce more play in rotator and cause instability. Worn gear will significantly increase backlash and reduce accuracy and precision of rotator. Bearing and gear are classified as consumables and not covered by warranty. Customers are liable for the cost of labor and parts for the replacement.
About the Hot shoe sync cable:
The camera hot shoe gives a signal during exposure. We make use of this signal, as shutter release confirmation, to adjust the exposure delay timing automatically. This allows shortest delay for bracketed shots without risking premature moves. Camera in electronic mode however does not give this signal and only work with Mechanical shutter mode - as with any remote cable release.
Connect PC Sync cable to AUX port and hot-shoe for it to work.
Total weight of Mecha Rotator E1 + Single Axis Controller C1 approx. 17.35 oz (492g).
Supports up to 3.3lbs (1.5 kg) vertical loading, including panohead, and 1.0Nm turning torque (center of gravity is 8cm from pivot). DSLR's with battery grips may exceed recommended weight load.
14 day money back guarantee.
1 year factory warranty.