During production there are occasional paint coating flaws on some finishes which may show signs of irregularity. The manufacturer deems these items as Factory Irregular (FIR), places a stamp on the product and reduces price.
ALL FIR's, units come with same parts as if buying new and carry FULL 5 year warranty.
Customers have been asking for modifications of existing lens rings to allow full access of controls on the lens.
We've made modifications to the plastic insert and outer metal ring to allow for reading the focus distance in both landscape and portrait orientations. And in some cases, switch(es) on the lens can also be accessed through these windows. As with V1 the new V2 is compatible with R1, R10, RS1/2, and M series model heads.
It's important to note that the V2 merely offers extended functionality. The V1 still works fine and users rarely have need to adjust settings once mounted.
Features and Highlights:
- Modifications to the plastic insert and outer metal ring to allow for reading the focus distance in both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Plastic insert is placed between the outer metal ring and the lens.
- It is contoured to fit the lens and hence increase area of contact.
- Large clamping area to reduce stress on the lens barrel, reducing the risk of damaging the lens.
- Mounted close to the camera to reduce stress on the lens due to gravity of camera body.
- Rolling the camera/lens in any position including the popular 0, 60 and 90 degree positions.
- Index marks for every 90 degrees in the front and every 30 degrees at the back for easy alignment of roll of lens.
- Permanently mounted to lens, making reproducible mounting possible, and much quicker to set up.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Arca Swiss Compatible quick release design, can be mounted directly to other Arca Swiss compatible systems without using R1 or R10.
- Great for use on a monopod or high pole.
- Easy to install.
- Optional advanced rail stop to remember NPP setting.
NOTE: improper use of lens ring clamp may cause stress and damage to the lens.