: Semi pro - Pro.
: Arca Style Modular Design, Strongest, Repeatable Results, Upgrade paths
: Landscape, Super High Resolution, Gigapixels, Commercial, HDR
Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is a pano head based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high-end panoramic photographic support. The M2 is a design with many years of refinement, integrating years of feature wishes from customers. It fills the gap of Nodal Ninja product line for photographers making high-resolution panos or mosaics with super telephoto lenses. Furthermore, this tripod head can act as a gimbal arm for smooth rotation of heavy telephoto lenses at its center of gravity.
Features and Highlights:
- Modular design means easy upgrade from previous model and to future models.
- Support long telephoto lens up to 3kg (6.6 lb) in weight.
- Full bearing loaded rotators for smooth and steady rotation.
- Upper rotator with adjustable friction to serve as a gimbal arm.
- Upper rotator with laser marked index ring with fine 2.5° intervals.
- Upper rotator upgradeable (optional) with precise positive stops up to 1.5° finest intervals.
- Upper and lower rotators with indicators for starting and ending positions, ideal for making mosaics with a large number of images. Photographers can first compose the mosaic, then set the starting and ending positions horizontally and vertically. The indicators will make sure no images are missed and no excessive images are taken.
- With RD8II (precise click stops at 30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2°) to support up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 465mm equivalent in portrait orientation.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft T6061 aluminum and anodized, meaning high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime.
- RD8-II (F1180) (30, 15, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2)
- QRC-65 (Lower Rotator Quick Release Clamp)* Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Lower Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- M2 Upper Compression Lock Rotator
- MFVR-170C Double Dovetail Vertical Rail with Integral QR Clamp (Vertical Rail) (F8152)
- QRC-65 (Upper Rotator Quick Release Clamp) * Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Upper Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- QRC-40A (Upper Rail End Clamp) Jaw length: 40mm (F2100)
- Case (F8117)
- RD16-II (F1161) (120, 90, 60, 45, 36, 30, 24, 20, 18, 15, 12, 10, 7.5, 6, 5, 3.75)
- Lens Ring Mount for Supporting Fisheye Lenses directly to upper rotator clamp
- M Series Nadir Adapter (F8301)
- M1L M2 Series Vertical Extender (F8310)
- Stop Plate Arca-Swiss Style 2ea (F2106)
- Camera Plate - This listing does not include a camera mounting plate.
Notes: EZ-Leveler-II and advanced rotator RD3L not recommended for M2 when heavy tele lens is used.
The customer can buy our dedicated camera plates or use "any" Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate.
Total weight of M2 w/RD8-II = 3.75lbs
Note: EZ-Leveler-II and advanced rotator RD3L not recommended for M2 when heavy tele lens is used.
The rotator that handles your manual gigapixel panos with ease. Product: Ultimate M2 with RD8-II Rotator (F8001) Posted By: Gavin Farrell - The circumference of this rotator provides the perfect distance between detents so when you're shooting and need those precise well marked increments/steps you'e got them. Because the detent steps are clearly marked and spaced out more then the other rotators they're EASIER TO SEE and thereby retain your position in the sequence. If you're looking to use a 300mm/400mm Telephoto lens for manually shooting a gigapixel panorama this rotator will speed up your workflow with less chance for error.