During production there are occasional paint coating flaws on some finishes which may show signs of irregularity. The manufacturer deems these items as Factory Irregular (FIR), places a stamp on the product and reduces price.
ALL FIR's, units come with same parts as if buying new and carry FULL 5 year warranty.
The "standard" rotator uses reversible brass detent rings that give the sound and feel of click stops. Having these different click stops allows the user to select how many degrees of rotation between shots. Available detent rings include 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 18, 20, & 24 stops. NN3-MKII has won the Editor's Choice Award, Gold Award, Pixelmania Award, 5 out of 5 ratings from Chasseur d'Images and Applelinks.
This model is best suited for those on the go, a popular choice for Real Estate photographers, hobbyists, hikers and travelers alike. Use for single row and even multi-row. Produce stunning super high resolution panoramas with your point and shoot camera or smaller DSLR's. You can also mount your camera in both landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) orientation.
- Size - very small and compact making it easy to carry and stow (see specifications).
- Weight: 1lb 1oz (475 grams).
- FULL rotation up and down and all-around.
- Fits almost all point and shoot cameras from ultra compact to compact and many smaller DSLR's using smaller lenses.
- New rubberized metal knurled knobs. This not only allows for better gripping but also creates a better feel and enhanced look.
- Made to higher precision tolerances than earlier models.
- One knob adjustable resistance for horizontal panning.
Nodal Ninja 3 MKII lower rail and upper assembly.
2nd generation Camera Mounting Plate (CP-CP2)
3 ea Metal Rail Stops
Hex Key + Misc parts
DOES NOT INCLUDE LOWER ROTATOR.
The Canon EF 8-15mm is very long for a fisheye and may require use of T-30-III T-adapter which gives a bit of added adjustment length.
Note: The 16-35mm Nikkor lens is not compatible with both the NN3 and NN4 series pano heads.
Still have my sph2 but use my NN3 M2 now, I wrote to Nick about automation back when I first had it, but he had far too much on his plate, developing the Nodal Ninja systems we know today. Good to see that he has managed to follow through, and incorporate automation into his systems. - Terry A
I use the NN3 Mk2 with my D850 and the 20mm F1.8 or the 8-15 3.5-4.5 at 12mm and get great results - Thank you guys from NodalNinja for such good hardware. - Christian M